Mark Your Calendars!
Davenport Homecoming Career Fair 2014
Friday, September 19, 2014 8:30 a.m. - noon
Fourth Floor of Campus Center Building, Davenport IA
Take advantage of this opportunity to meet employers and alumni who want to talk to you about their specific employment opportunities.
CAREER FAIR TIPS:
- Research Employers: Click here for the list of last year's participating employers. New employers TBA.
- Dress professionally: Employers will make decisions based on first impressions.
- Make a strong first impression: When meeting employers, introduce yourself, offer a firm handshake, make eye contact, state your purpose, ask questions, listen and act professionally. If you plan to request an interview, dress in business attire.
- Highlight your strengths: Be prepared to discuss your qualifications that are most related to the job. Include clear, concise examples to demonstrate your qualifications. Practice your verbal presentation (a 30-60 second “commercial” about you) so you can approach employers with confidence.
- Bring your resume: Bring enough resumes to give to organizations you are targeting. (& bring at least 10-20 copies) Carry them in a portfolio.
- Follow-up: Request a business card for your records. If you want a job interview, follow up with a thank-you note or e-mail within 24 hours and include your resume.
There is no registration fee or pre-registration required for students - just attend!