Real-World Experience in Chiropractic Technique
Each campus houses a Campus Health Center where you and your family members can receive care, and where you can get faculty-supervised clinical experience. Our campuses also feature state-of-the-art outpatient clinics and community outreach clinics. In turn, area patients receive the best in chiropractic care (financial assistance is offered to those who cannot afford it).
For on-the-job training, Palmer College provides preceptorship and internship programs. Other programs allow you to gain specialized experience in sports, pediatrics and other fields.
- On the Davenport and Florida campuses, intensive internship programs—preceptorships—allow you to work with a practicing doctor.
- As a West Campus student, you will be enrolled in the Field Training Program as part of your curriculum. These programs are structured similarly to preceptorship programs.
- Military Healthcare Internships give you an opportunity to work alongside an experienced doctor of chiropractic in a Veterans Health Administration or military hospital setting, caring for veterans as well as coordinating their care with other health care professionals.
- Residencies are offered in chiropractic radiology and rehabilitation. These are three-year post-graduate programs leading to diplomate status in chiropractic specialties. (Davenport Campus only)
- The Sports Council allows you to work directly with athletes during sporting events to perform patient intake, taping, icing, bracing, stretching and, for senior students, chiropractic adjustments.
- If you lean toward a career in academia or research, you may choose to be a teaching assistant. (Davenport Campus only)
- Palmer’s Clinic Abroad Program expands your horizons by taking you places in the world where patients often have little or no access to health care.