Davenport, Iowa, Campus Only
Do I need college credits to enter the program?
No, college credit is not needed to be accepted to the A.S.C.T. program. You need a high school diploma (and GPA requirements) or GED.
Is the program affordable ?
Net Price Calculator
Use the calculator to help you determine the right mix of grant, loan or work-study assistance that may be available to you.
Our 2013-2014 tuition is:
- $2,761 per trimester for 14-22 credit hours
- $206 per credit hour for less than 14 hours or more than 22 hours
- Fees: $50 due with application and $50 deposit when you are accepted
How do I find a job once I’ve graduated?
We are here to help ensure you have a solid path to career success: at graduation and throughout your career. We help you with resumes and cover letters, and practice interviewing. We also provide you with information about job openings we’ve received and can contact chiropractors in the area where you’d like to live
Are these classes available online?
No, due to the hands-on nature of many of our courses, the A.S.C.T. coursework is not available online, only at our Davenport, Iowa, Campus. You can, however, take certain courses at a college in your area (or online through an accredited college) and transfer them into the program.
When and where are the classes held?
We hold all classes on the Davenport, Iowa, Campus. We typically schedule classes during daytime hours Monday to Thursday. You will attend classes in trimesters – four trimesters or 16 months. (Sample schedule).
What is the rate of pay for a chiropractic technologist?
Salaries vary widely. A typical rate is $12 to $15 per hour. The area cost-of-living, your duties and how the chiropractor values his or her staff all affect the rate.
I’m interested! What do I do next?
- Tell us about your decision. Schedule a campus visit. Or contact us at (563) 884-5743 or (800) 722-2586, ext. 5743, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete an application for admission and pay your $50 application fee.
- Request your high school (and college) transcripts. Ask the school(s) to send us the official documents.
What happens if I go on to become a chiropractor?
We accept many of the A.S.C.T. class credits as a prerequisite for our Doctor of Chiropractic (D.C.) degree program. You will want to work with a D.C. Admissions representative to evaluate your previous Palmer coursework. Be sure to discuss credits you received from other colleges, too.
Will my coursework transfer to another school?
Check with the school you are interested in transferring to. The decision is theirs. Palmer undergraduate programs are fully accredited and many colleges accept our course credits.
Can I get credit for classes taken at another college?
- Let us evaluate your coursework. Send us an official transcript and a course description. We may also ask for a course syllabus.
- Coursework must be from a regionally accredited college.
- We can transfer credits or offer you a test-out of a course.
- We accept up to 40 credits/test-outs in the A.S.C.T. program.
Do I need to take coursework to complete my prerequisites to be accepted to the Doctor of Chiropractic program. Can I do this through these programs?
Yes, you may take coursework either full-time or part-time through Palmer’s A.S.C.T. or B.S. degree programs toward your D.C. prerequisite studies. You need to apply and be accepted to either the A.S.C.T. or B.S. program to take coursework through us, as well as be a D.C. applicant.