Davenport Campus Only
The Associate of Science in Chiropractic Technology (A.S.C.T.) degree is granted to students who have completed the following requirements:
- Academic requirements: A minimum of 68 credit hours for the A.S.C.T. program. Undergraduate Program Oversight Committee (POC) reviews the records of all students on the intent-to-graduate list to determine that all academic requirements other than those in the final academic term have been met. Discrepancies in the student’s academic record will be investigated and non-qualified students will be removed from the intent-to-graduate list.
- Clinic Requirements: Meeting the clinic requirements for graduation requires the successful completion of the Clinic Externship. Clinic requirements must be completed two weeks prior to graduation or the student is not eligible to graduate.
- Institutional clearance: Institutional clearance will be conducted shortly after the graduation list is approved. Graduating students are required to fulfill all outstanding obligations to the College at this time. Those who fail to complete institutional clearance will be removed from the graduation list and may be reinstated only by application to the Faculty Marshal.
At the end of each academic term students are evaluated on the following criteria for the purpose of determining eligibility for Dean’s List honors for that term. A student will be recognized for this academic honor and will receive a letter of merit if the following conditions are met:
- The student must be considered a fulltime student for the specified academic term (refer to College policy #4 Academic Credit Load).
- The student must not have had any grade less than a B during the specified academic term.
- The student must be in good academic standing during the specified term.
- The student’s academic term grade point average must be 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- There must be no disciplinary action taken against the student during the specified term.
A student will be recognized for the award of Academic Excellence if the student meets all of the criteria for the Dean’s List for each term of enrollment at Palmer College. Award recipients will be honored at their graduation.
Transfer Students: To be recognized as an Academic Excellence recipient, in addition to the above criteria, previous course work for which the student receives advanced standing in the chiropractic program must also meet the criteria of not having received any grade less than a B along with a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale at the time of transfer.
Students meeting the following criteria will be awarded honors at graduation. The criteria are:
- Cum Laude – C.G.P.A. of 3.50 to 3.69
- Magna Cum Laude – C.G.P.A. of 3.70 to 3.89
- Summa Cum Laude – C.G.P.A. of 3.90 to 4.00