Davenport, Iowa, Campus Only
Get Ready to Graduate
Three Final Steps to Graduate
1 – Complete the Academic Requirements
- You must complete a minimum number of 68 credit hours.
- The Undergraduate Program Oversight Committee (POC) verifies you meet the requirements of the A.S.C.T. program and confirms your place on the Intent-to-Graduate list.
2 – Complete the Clinical Requirements
- Successfully complete the 120-hour clinic externship.
- You must finish the externship two weeks prior to the graduation date or you will not graduate.
3 – Get Institutional Clearance
With an approved graduation list, the Registrar then ensures that you are eligible for institutional clearance.
- Graduating students are required to fulfill all outstanding obligations to the College at this time.
What if I don’t get institutional clearance?
- The Registrar removes you from the graduation list.
- You need to make an application for reinstatement. The Faculty Marshal determines when you graduate.
Go for Graduation Honors
- Cum Laude – 3.50 to 3.69 GPA
- Magna cum Laude – of 3.70 to 3.89 GPA
- Summa cum Laude – 3.90 to 4.00 GPA
- We’ll recognize all students who have achieved Dean’s List honors for each term of enrollment at Palmer College. For a transfer student to receive this award, you must also have entered the A.S.C.T. program with no less than any grade of B along with a cumulative GPA or 3.50/4.00.
How to make the Dean’s List
Letters of Merit are issued each term if you have met these conditions:
- You're a full-time student.
- Have received no less than a B in any course.
- Maintained a GPA or 3.50 or higher on the 4.00 scale.
- Maintained “good academic standing.”
- Have had no disciplinary action taken against you for the term.