Palmer Chiropractic College now offers free online career-building tools!
You've heard it said so many times: Practice makes perfect. And making an excellent first impression is essential for a strong interview.
The Palmer Center for Business Development has partnered with InterviewStreamTM to enable students and alumni to practice interviewing in the comfort of their own homes. InterviewSstreamTM is an online video-based practice interviewing system. It is the latest addition to a family of firms that provides interview technology to hundreds of universities and their alumni, MBA programs, job boards and employers around the globe, including nine of the top 10 global MBA programs.
With InterviewStreamTM, all you need is a computer, a webcam, microphone ability and the Internet. and you can practice interview questions in the privacy of your own home.
InterviewStreamTM allows you to either choose a set of standardized interview questions or to customize your interview by choosing from a list of 4,000 varied questions applicable for your level of experience.
A virtual interviewer will ask questions, and the webcam will immediately start recording. You will have several minutes to record your answer. When finished, you simply click on the mouse to stop recording, review and re-record as many times as you wish. When you are satisfied with your answer, click "Accept Reply" to move on to the next question.
When you complete your interview, it will be uploaded to the InterviewStreamTM server, and an e-mail will be sent to you with a link to retrieve and review your video file. Interviews can be shared with faculty, family, friends, colleagues and mentors for feedback.
To get started:
- Click here to register for your InterviewStreamTM account
- View the Tutorial on how to conduct your practice interview.
- InterviewStreamTM allows you to choose interview questions to customize your mock interview. You can review and retry your response to any question before moving onto the next.
- Interviews are saved indefinitely, so you may review and track your progress.
- If you are not able to access InterviewStreamTM through the Palmer CareerNetwork system, please contact the Palmer Center for Business Development at (563) 884-5521 for alternate access.
- Local students who do not have a web-cam may arrange an appointment to use the computer and web-cam located in the Palmer Center for Business Development by emailing email@example.com or calling (563) 884-5521. An appointment is necessary to ensure the equipment is available.
For a more detailed list of instructions for using InterviewStreamTM, click here.
You may also view the InterviewStreamTM Quick Start Guide.