• Friday, Feb. 25 - 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. (invitation only to selected area high school students)
• Saturday, Feb. 26 - 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. (open to the public)
Location: RiverCenter, 136 East Third Street, Davenport, Iowa
to the Quad City Area Health Careers Expo to learn firsthand what it's
like to work in the healthcare profession that interests you!
College of Chiropractic is an event sponsor, and Palmer faculty, staff
and student volunteers will be involved in the event both days,
presenting information to local students and community members about
Palmer’s programs. The Palmer booth, “No Bones About It,” will present
several hands-on activities that will give participants a taste of what a
chiropractor does. The goal of the QCAHCE is to showcase the healthcare
education options available right here in the Quad-Cities – and the
jobs that graduates then can practice here in the QCA.
What you can do at the Expo:
• Explore six stations that reveal the functions of different systems of the body.
• Learn with hands-on activities:
- body fat analysis
- range-of-motion testing
- sensory deprivation testing
• Walk through a giant heart and brain!
• Grow your goals. Find out where in the Quad Cities Area you can get the education you need.
• Realize your potential. Discover where you can put your education to work in the Quad Cities Area.
Quad City Area Health Careers Expo was created by an alliance of Quad
City organizations with a shared interested in encouraging more people
to become health care professionals.
The alliance includes
Augustana College, Rock Island, Ill.; Genesis Medical Center (Iowa); St.
Ambrose University, Davenport, Iowa; and Trinity Regional Health System
(Illinois and Iowa). Partner agencies include Achieve Quad Cities, Area
Health Education Center, Black Hawk College, Eastern Iowa Community
College District, Junior Achievement, Palmer College of Chiropractic,
Quad City Graduate Study Center, Trinity College of Nursing and Health
Sciences, and Western Illinois University.
For more information, visit: www.qcahealthcareers.org