Palmer's Davenport Clinic to host open house - Oct. 10
October is National Chiropractic Health Month, and the Palmer Chiropractic Clinics are celebrating with a free community open house with health workshops and family activities. The event will take place on Wednesday, Oct. 10, from 1-7 p.m. in the Davenport Clinic (located in the Palmer Academic Health Center, 1002 Perry St., Davenport).
- Smoothie station
- HyVee Health Market samples
- Coloring contest for kids
- Blood pressure screening
- Grand prize drawing
- Informative workshops
- 13 interactive health stations
Workshop topics are:
- Value and Impact of X-rays in Patient Care - 4 - 4:45 p.m., Dr. Ian McLean
- Everyday Ergonomics to Run Faster, be Stronger and Get Out of Pain - 5 - 5:45 p.m., Dr. Dave Juehring
- Coping with Stress and Avoiding Burnout - 6 - 6:45 p.m., Dr. Mike Oppelt
Activities for all age groups will include refreshments and a smoothie station, prize drawings, free health screenings, Utica Ridge Hy-Vee HealthMarket samples and clinic tours.There is also a coloring contest for the kids.
- For kids age 13 and under
- Choose one coloring sheet: #1 or #2
- Due Oct. 10 at any Palmer Clinic
- 1st place winner will receive a $20 gift card for Toys R Us
- 2nd place winner will receive a $10 gift card for Toys R Us
- 3rd place winner will receive a $5 gift card for Toys R Us
- You do not need to be present to win
Chiropractors are the primary care professionals for spinal health and well-being, and as such, are educated and have the experience to be front-line healthcare providers for a wide variety of spinal and musculoskeletal conditions as well as health issues such as exercise, nutrition and stress management. Their natural, preventive and holistic approach to health care may also prevent the need for prescription medication, hospitalization or surgery for common problems such as back pain, neck pain and headaches.
In fact, a 2007 Alternative Medicine Integration study by Richard Sarnat, M.D., found that “regular utilization of chiropractors as primary care physicians reduces the need for hospitalization by 60.2%, hospital days by 59%, pharmaceutical usage by 85%, outpatient surgeries and procedures by 62% and overall global health care costs by more than 50%.”
For more information on the Palmer Chiropractic Clinics, go to www.palmerclinics.com/qc.