To apply for federal aid, students must be U.S. citizens, or national or permanent residents of the United States, the Northern Mariana Islands or the Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands. Students must be in the United States for other than a temporary purpose and be able to provide documentation of intent to become permanent residents. If students are in the United States on an F1 or F2 student status only, they are not eligible for federal student aid.

All federal aid programs set limits on the total amount of aid students may receive and the number of years they can receive it. It is important to know these limitations to plan the financing of the educational costs not covered by financial aid.

Federal Workstudy

Palmer College students may apply for Federal Workstudy funds if they are enrolled at least half-time and are in acceptable academic standing. The maximum yearly Federal Workstudy award is set by the Financial Planning Office.

Federal Pell Grant (Davenport Campus undergraduate students only)

Davenport Campus undergraduate students may be eligible for a Federal Pell Grant. Students holding a bachelor’s degree are not eligible. Students must complete the FAFSA to apply for the grant.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

Palmer College receives a limited amount of FSEOG funding, which is awarded to undergraduate students demonstrating great financial need. The minimum grant award is $100, and the maximum award is $1,800 per fiscal year (July to June).