In addition to the admissions requirements, international students must also consider the following:

All international students in F-1 status, planning to attend a U.S. educational institution, must pay a mandatory $200 (USD) fee for the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS). This mandatory fee will be credited by the Davenport  and Florida campuses to the first term tuition statement at the time of matriculation, with the exception of transfer students from other Doctor of Chiropractic programs. The West Campus is not crediting the SEVIS fee at this time.

If the student applicant is from a country where English is not the native language, the applicant needs to submit proof of English proficiency. A suitable method of establishing English proficiency is through testing by the Institution for International Education of the U.S. State Department. The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) may be taken at a United States Embassy or Consulate. You may contact TOEFL directly to learn the location of the test site nearest you: Educational Testing Service, P.O. Box 6154, Princeton, NJ 08541-6154 or at their website at The applicant must request that the test results be sent to Palmer College of Chiropractic, Office of College Enrollment. Photocopies will not be accepted. Palmer’s Davenport Campus and Florida Campus institutional code is 6593. The West Campus institutional code is 4613. A minimum score of 500 on the TOEFL examination (or an internet based test score of 61) is required for entry to Palmer College of Chiropractic. The College reserves the right to require additional training in English of prospective students either before or concurrently with their first two terms of enrollment if such training is deemed necessary and appropriate.

If a student has completed college/university-level coursework outside of the United States and Canada, it may be necessary for these credentials to be evaluated by an approved evaluation agency in the United States. Palmer College recommends the World Education Service (WES): P.O. Box 5087, Bowling Green Station, New York, NY 10274-5087; phone, (800) 937-3898; website, The applicant must request that the evaluating agency forward a copy of the "Course by Course" evaluation to the Office of College Enrollment at Palmer College. English transcripts from Canadian educational institutions can be evaluated by the Office of College Enrollment and need not go through an evaluation agency. Please check with the Admissions Department for a current listing.

If the applicant is a native of a country with a national chiropractic organization, it may be necessary to request a letter of approval from the organization be mailed to the Admissions Department. These countries include: Australia, Belgium, Canada, France, Italy, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, South Africa, Sweden and Switzerland. (The name and address of the appropriate approval officer can be obtained from the Admissions Department.)

The applicant must furnish Palmer College with the [Foreign Student Certification of Finances] form documenting the applicant’s financial ability to pay for their educational expenses. This form is available from the College and must be returned to the Admissions Department when completed. Palmer College of Chiropractic will need to be notified of any dependents, as the amount of the financial verification provided will increase based on the number of dependents. Please complete all sections of the form before returning it.

After Palmer College has received the Certification of Finances form and the tuition deposit, Official Acceptance will be granted and the applicant will be sent the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Form I-20. The I-20 form must be presented to the U.S. Immigration Officer at the United States port of entry. The applicant (except Canadian citizens) must make an appointment with a United States embassy or consulate in his/her own country, to obtain an F-1 student visa. The applicant must also pay a one-time SEVIS fee before reporting to the embassy/consulate and before traveling to the U.S. port of entry. The I-20 form and other required documents must be presented to the border official at the United States port of entry. The student will be authorized to enter the United States in F-1 status and dependents will enter in F-2 status. At the port of entry, the I-94 Arrival/Departure form will be issued to the student and each dependent. The student is expected to keep the I-94 form in available possession at all times.

Students in F-1 status are permitted to work part-time on campus and F-2 dependents are not allowed to work on or off campus. Off-campus “work permits” are issued to students at the discretion of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service at the completion of the academic year, if the student can document severe economic hardship.

This school is authorized under federal law to enroll nonimmigrant students.