Application Procedure Apply Now
Follow these steps to apply to the Doctor of Chiropractic program at all three Palmer campuses:
- Complete an application. You may do so one of two ways:
- Complete and submit our online application.
- Complete our online application, print it out and mail it to the address below.
Office of College Enrollment
Palmer College of Chiropractic
1000 Brady St.
Davenport, IA 52803-5287
The same application form is used to apply to any one of the three Palmer campuses. At the beginning of the form, you will be asked to choose the campus to which you want to apply.
- Send to the address above:
- A $100 non-refundable application fee.
- Two letters of recommendation (one from a doctor of chiropractic and one from a college faculty member). Recommendations are suggested, not required. Letters of recommendation must be written on letterhead stationery.
- A typewritten essay of one or two pages explaining your interest in chiropractic, your career goals and your reason for choosing one of the Palmer College campuses.
- A copy of your high school diploma or transcripts.
International students must also provide the following:
- National Association letter of approval (if needed)
- TOEFL score or proof of English proficiency
- Certification of Finances
- Request official transcripts from all colleges you have attended to be sent directly from those institutions to the address above.
Please note: As part of the admission process, an interview is required in person or via Internet video conference. In addition, Palmer College requires applicants to disclose information regarding criminal convictions. A background check is required for each student.
Levels of acceptance
As an applicant to Palmer College, you can earn “levels,” which serve as benchmarks while you are working towards an official acceptance to the College.
- Provisional Status will be granted when you have completed the following:
Official Acceptance may be granted when you have completed all requirements for admission and transcripts for all college-level coursework have been received.
- Application fee has been paid
- 60 semester units of overall coursework has been completed
- A minimum overall GPA of 2.75 has been earned
- Major declared if seeking degree
- A completed transfer form (if attended another chiropractic college)
Early Acceptance may be awarded under specific guidelines. Contact your admissions representative for further information.
If you have withdrawn from Palmer and are applying for re-admission, requirements vary based on the length of your absence. View information about re-admission to any of our programs in which you were previously enrolled.