Next Webinar: March 6, 2014
All students and alumni are invited
Get answers to the questions you want to ask.
All you need is a computer and internet connection.
Ask the Coach is an interactive coaching webinar designed to answer your most pressing questions. This ongoing series will provide you with an online community of trusted advisors who will share their expertise and viewpoints. Hosted by Dr. Frank Sovinsky.
How to Help Patients SEE Value in Chiropractic Care
Thursday, March 6, 5-6 pm CST
Dr. Sovinsky's guest will be David Marcarian, inventor of the MyoVision physiomonitoring system.
David Marcarian, MA is a NASA-trained Surface EMG researcher. Mr. Marcarian completed a Master's degree specializing in human psychophysiology and ergonomics at NASA, and in 1986, Mr. Marcarian was awarded a prestigious $450,000.00 grant from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to develop an electrophysiological computer-based device for measuring muscle activity, skin temperature and skin resistance.
In 1989, Mr. Marcarian founded Precision Biometrics, Inc. for the purpose of providing health care professionals with a high quality, low cost device for electrophysiological measurements. The company has provided health care professionals and researchers alike with Surface EMG equipment for the past 22 years.
Mr. Marcarian holds a bachelor's degree in Physics and a master's in Psychophysiology through the NASA-University Program. His master's thesis, titled “An Electromyographic Analysis of Muscle Fatigue in a Flight Simulation: A Comparison of Isometric and Isotonic Controllers” is still cited by current studies as the most relevant research in the field even though it was published in 1986.
Space is limited. Reserve your Webinar seat by using the Palmer CareerNetwork or contact the Center for Business Development at (563) 884-5858
Previous topics are available in the libraries at the San Jose, Calif., and Port Orange, Fla., campuses and in the Center for Business Development on the Davenport, Iowa, Campus.
- What is a Business Model and Why Do I Need to Choose One?
- Why Most Associateships Don't Work and What To Do About It
- Everything You Need to Know About Buying a Practice
- The Ten Decisions You Need to Make Before You Graduate
- The Five Questions Every Patient Needs Answered
- How Ordinary Chiropractors Create Extraordinary Practices
- What's It Really Like After Graduation?
- The Five Realities of Being a Chiropractic Entrepreneur
- Active Care to Wellness Care
- Chiropractic: A Profession or A Service
- How I Went From Being a Pharmacist to Becoming a Successful Palmer Graduate
- Chiropractors Making a Difference Using Social Currency
- Seven Networking Ideas That Will Get Your New Practice Going Before You Open the Doors
- Delivering Happiness in a Chiropractic Office