Students have the following responsibilities regarding financial aid/scholarship programs:
- To review and consider all information about financial aid programs before enrollment.
- To complete all application forms accurately and submit them on time
to the Financial Planning Office, as well as to lenders for student
loans. Errors can result in delays in receipt of financial aid.
Intentional misreporting of information on application forms for federal
financial aid is a violation of the law and is considered a criminal
offense subject to penalties under the U.S. Criminal Code.
- To return all additional documentation, verification, corrections
and new information requested by either the Financial Planning Office or
the agency to which the application was submitted.
- To read and understand all forms required for financial aid and keep copies of same.
- To notify both the lender and the Financial Planning Office of
changes in names, address or school status that would affect the student
- To apply for aid each academic year, since aid programs do not
continue from one year to the next. Most campus-based aid is awarded
each April for the following fiscal year.
Application dates and deadlines are posted annually on our website.