Palmer Student Academic Support Centers complements chiropractic by assisting you in the goal of optimizing your level of functioning and well-being. We encourage and support your need for balance and for your health and well-being. Acknowledging that challenges in one area of your life will impact your overall experience, we encourage you to speak with an Academic Consultant for strategies to enhance success in all areas of your life!
Academic and Self-care Assistance
- Self-Help Wellness Brochures – Covering a broad range of topics for the busy student, from managing anxiety to offering tips for healthy relationships.
- Relaxation Spaces – Slow down, relax, breath and create some time in your day for self-care in our Level Seven Sanctuary. Davenport Campus only.
Mental Health and Wellness Resources
We all have “issues” – our own and those of other people in our lives.
For specific instructions choose your campus
Confidential, free, online mental health and wellness resources are just clicks away. Visit these sites for more information:
Mental Health and Well-being
- ULifeline (http://www.ulifeline.org) - An anonymous, confidential, online resource center developed especially for college students. Find help and information regarding mental health and suicide prevention.
- American Psychological Association (www.apa.org) - The APA is the premier professional psychological association in the United States, which provides information on a wide variety of topics.
- Graduate Student Hotline - (800) GRAD-HELP (472-3457) provides 24/7 support for urgent mental health care.
Gay Lesbian Bisexual Transgender Resources
GLTB National Hotline – (888) 843-4564
Suicide Prevention and Domestic Violence National 24-hour Crisis Lines
- Lifeline Suicide Prevention – (800) 273-TALK (8255)
- National Domestic Violence hotlines:
(800) 799-SAFE (7233)
(800) 787-3224 (TTY)
Rape and sexual violence resources and 24-hour crisis lines are available nationally and locally for all three Palmer campuses.
Rape is never the victim’s fault.
20-25% of college aged women will be victims of sexual abuse at some point during their college careers.
1.3 women are sexually assaulted every minute.
Men and women are victims of sexual violence.
“Anyone can be hurt by sexual violence. Anyone can heal from sexual violence. Everyone can create a world free of sexual violence.” - Florida Council Against Sexual Violence
National Sexual Assault Hotline – (800) 656-HOPE (4673)
Rape Abuse Incest National Network (www.rainn.org)