Use of College Computers, Network, and Internet Services
Palmer College of Chiropractic
Internet and Email System Use Agreement and Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy constitutes an Agreement between Palmer College of Chiropractic (Palmer) and it's System Users. This Agreement applies to all users of the Palmer Internet Access and/or email system. This Agreement represents the complete agreement and understanding between Palmer and its System Users and supersedes any other written or oral agreement. Palmer reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Palmer reserves the right to discontinue or change services offered.
USE OF THE PALMER INTERNET ACCESS SYSTEM OR E-MAIL SYSTEM CONSTITUTES YOUR APPROVAL AND ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT. ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT IS A CONDITION TO USE OF THE PALMER INTERNET ACCESS SYSTEM. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO USE THE PALMER INTERNET ACCESS OR E-MAIL SYSTEM.
Terms and Conditions and Acceptable Use
1. Limitation of Warranty Palmer makes no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, for the service it is providing. Palmer also disclaims any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Palmer will not be responsible for damages suffered by any System User, including, without limitation, incidental or consequential damages or lost profits. This includes loss of data resulting from delays, non-deliveries, mis-deliveries, system failures or service interruptions caused by any source whatsoever, including Palmer’s own negligence, errors or omissions, or due to the fault of third parties.
2. Compliance with Law and Intellectual Property Rights System Users agree that all services provided by Palmer will be used only for proper legal purposes and in a lawful manner. Transmission or publication of any information, data or material in violation of any U.S., state or international law or regulation is strictly prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret law or any other law, as well as threatening, offensive, harassing, obscene or pornographic material or content.
3. Indemnity System Users agree to defend, hold harmless and expeditiously indemnify Palmer from any liability, claim, loss, damage or expense arising out of the System User's breach or violation of any term, condition or covenant contained in this Agreement or resulting from the use of the Palmer Internet Access and/or email System.
4. Use of Network Access Palmer Internet access and/or e-mail access cannot be transferred or used by anyone other than authorized System Users. System Users may not sell, lease, rent or assign an Internet connection or parts of the connection or system to any party without the express, prior written approval of Palmer. Use of network bandwidth is expected to be reasonable and moderate.
5. Cancellation of Use Palmer reserves the right to cancel service for any reason without prior notice.
6. Disruption of Network Services, Excessive Use System Users shall not transmit any communication where the meaning of the message, or its transmission or distribution, would violate any applicable law or regulation or would likely be offensive to the recipient thereof. No message may be mass distributed, "broadcast," or otherwise sent on an intrusive basis to any Palmer System User or to any directly or indirectly attached network. Use of Palmer’s Internet connection in a manner that is disruptive, damaging, unlawful, offensive, or intrusive as determined by Palmer shall be considered a breach of this Agreement and may result in cancellation of use. It is not acceptable to use Palmer’s services and facilities to interfere with or disrupt other network users, services or equipment. Such interference or disruption includes, but is not limited to; improper, harassing or offensive distribution of unsolicited advertising; excessive newsgroup cross-posting; transmissions of any type or quantity that causes disruption of service to others; propagation of computer worms or viruses; use of the network to make unauthorized entry to other computer networks, information or communications devices or resources, - sustained, excessive use of Palmer’s Internet Access service, equipment or network connection without prior arrangement with Palmer.
7. Automated Software and Connections The installation, compiling, use, or implementation of any of the following are prohibited without express permission: robots, bots, mail bombs, syn bombs or attacks, spamming of any kind, etc. Any process that causes excessive use of system resources to the point where other users may be affected is strictly prohibited. The use of any unattended connection software is prohibited without prior permission. Palmer Access is for the use of human beings and requires that a human being be present to initiate and monitor connections.
Student e-mail username, password and a sheet of FAQs will be sent to your student mailbox the first week of class. This e-mail system is used for all Palmer Communications messages. Its Web address is https://portal.palmer.edu