The cost of a Palmer education is a combination of tuition, fees, books, equipment and living expenses. Your Admissions Representative can help you estimate your total costs so that you can secure the appropriate amount of financial aid.
Tuition for the Doctor of Chiropractic program during the 2013/2014 academic year on each of the Palmer campuses is:
- Davenport Campus: $10,615 per trimester for students enrolled in 16 to 21 credit hours (program is 10 trimesters long). Students registered for fewer than 16 hours will be charged $664 per credit hour. Students registered for more than 21 credit hours will be charged $664 per each additional credit hour above 21 hours.
- West Campus: $7,925 per quarter for students enrolled in 16 to 21 credit hours (program is 13 quarters long). Students registered for fewer than 16 hours will be charged $496 per credit hour. Students registered for more than 21 credit hours will be charged $496 per each additional credit hour above 21 hours. Statement from California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE) Student Tuition Recovery Fund (STRF).
- Florida Campus: $8,040 per quarter for students registered for 16 to 21 credit hours (program is 13 quarters long). Students registered for fewer than 16 hours will be charged $503 per credit hour. Students registered for more than 21 credit hours will be charged $503 per each additional credit hour above 21 hours.
Palmer College of Chiropractic offers a wide variety of financial aid options at each of its three campuses, including grants, loans or workstudy employment through the U.S. Department of Education, state-specific grants and scholarships as well as College scholarships. Students must remain in acceptable academic standing and meet the minimum cumulative GPA requirements to maintain aid eligibility. The fundamental purpose of the financial aid programs at Palmer College is to assist qualified students in financing their chiropractic education and living expenses.
- Application fee (one time fee) $100
- Tuition deposit $200
- Matriculation fee $150
- Activity fee (per term) $20
- Liability insurance (one time charge at the start of the fifth term) $245
Clinical Enrichment Program Fees
- All Clinical Enrichment Program courses are $200 per course (Davenport Campus) or $130 per course (Florida Campus).
- A drop fee of $10 will be assessed on all courses dropped before the first day of class prior to 21 days from the Clinical Enrichment course’s first scheduled class day.
- A $50 drop fee will be assessed for a registered Clinical Enrichment course that is dropped within 21 days from the Clinical Enrichment course’s first scheduled class day, up to the first day of class.
Estimated Cost of Books and Equipment per Academic Term
During each academic term, the student will be required to purchase textbooks that will be used throughout the academic program. Midway in the course of study, the student will prepare to enter the clinic and need to purchase equipment that will serve the student doctor in the clinical portion of the academic program. The cost of books and equipment per academic term is estimated to be $686 each term on average.
Palmer College of Chiropractic does not provide check-cashing services for students. However, checks may be written for charges incurred on school accounts for tuition, fees and Bookstore purchases. Checks written to Palmer that are returned by the bank will incur a charge of $25. A student who has more than one check returned may be expected to make future payments with currency or certified funds.
Books checked out from the Library and not returned on time will be subject to a fine. Check with the Library staff on your campus to determine the fine schedule.
Fines will be posted to the student’s account and a hold will be placed on registration/graduation until payment is rendered. Outstanding fines will be paid at the Student Administrative Services Office on each campus.