Get On-the-Job Training
The Clinic Abroad Program is a short-term experience that brings lasting effects. Travel with Palmer faculty to a domestic or international location to help populations with little or no access to health care. Immerse yourself in local culture through scheduled activities and clinic experiences.
- Open to senior-level students from all Palmer campuses.
- Gain extensive patient care experience in a short amount of time.
- Meet locals through group dinners and site tours.
- Donate cash and goods to local schools, orphanages and others in need.
When and Where
Trips are approximately 12 to 20 days in length. Palmer uses the academic recesses in February, March, June, September and October for these trips. Watch for a posted announcements for application deadlines during the term. Current travel locations include:
- Brazil: Bahia, Manaus and Salvador
Who Can Participate
- Now enrolled in the D.C. program and its clinical phase.
- Check the program handbook for campus-specific requirements.
- Passport required for all trips outside the United States.
- Alumni of Palmer and other CCE-accredited chiropractic colleges serve as supervising doctors.
- Applications are required and are due approximately six months prior to the trip.
- Let us know you are interested by emailing the Clinic Abroad Office.
- All employees are welcome to apply.
- Preference may be given to those with a D.C. degree.
- Watch for notices via the Palmer electronic message system.
Looking for Alumni to Host a Palmer Team
We are open to new locations and are in need of on-site coordinators. Please submit a proposal via email to the Clinic Abroad Program.
- Underserved areas within the United States
- Locations outside the United States
Donate to the Program
We appreciate your support. Contact the Clinic Abroad Office at (563) 884-5813 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Equipment needed
- Monetary donations