This page contains a PDF, which requires
Adobe Acrobat Reader (opens in new window)
Palmer College of Chiropractic West, in San Jose, Calif., Only
The Field Training Program (FTP) is a required, off-campus educational experience for students in their last quarter. The FTP is intended to enhance the knowledge of the chiropractic intern beyond what is normally provided in the academic and clinical experience of the standard chiropractic college curriculum, and to better prepare students for the change from the rigors of academic life to those of a private practitioner. Through a mentorship-type relationship with the licensed chiropractor, the intern has an opportunity to gain valuable insight into the everyday management of a private practice.
Depending on the location of the field training, interns may perform a variety of patient care procedures under the direct supervision of the licensed chiropractor. While an ideal Field Training Program would allow the intern to perform chiropractic adjustments, examinations and X-rays; state regulations may limit intern performance to the duties that a chiropractic assistant would perform or to observations only. Participation in Palmer’s Department of Defense/Veterans Affairs Chiropractic Internship Program counts toward fulfilling the Field Training Program requirement.
- To learn office procedures and staff management best practices through practical field experience;
- To observe, and at times perform, practical clinical and business management operations;
- To mentor with successful, prominent doctors of chiropractic;
- To experience usual and “specialized” chiropractic practices by observing the implementation of usual and special treatment protocols in areas such as pediatrics, geriatrics and sports;
- To provide avenues for access to post-graduate preceptorship and/or associate positions;
- To provide the College with a setting beyond the campus clinics for a highly practical clinical experience as a preparation program for entry-level professionals;
- To provide an opportunity for chiropractors in the field to serve the profession and cooperate in the preparation of entry-level professionals.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.