Mark Your Calendar!
Florida Campus Career Fair 2018
Wednesday, February 21, 2018
Employers - register for your spot at the
Davenport Campus Career Fair 2018
Tuesday, September 18, 2018 Registration will be available in May, 2018.
- No registration or fees, just attend.
- Various Employer Giveaways
- Review and research the list of Participating Employers.
- Be prepared to discuss clear, concise examples to demonstrate your qualifications that are most related to the job.
- Practice your verbal presentation—30 second “commercial” about you—to approach employers with confidence.
Work on your Resume and Practice Interviewing.
Tips for the Fair
- Bring enough resumes to give to organizations you are targeting (at least 10-20 copies). Keep them organized in a portfolio.
- First impressions are paramount
- Dress professionally
- Make eye contact and introduce yourself with a firm handshake
- State your purpose
- Ask questions and listen
- Request a business card for your records and plan to request an interview.
Follow-up with a thank-you note or e-mail within 24 hours and include your resume.
Direct all questions to:
- Davenport Campus
- Penny Hoker, Career Development Center Coordinator
Phone: (563) 884-5521
- Florida Campus
- Heidi Brodick, Career Development Center Coordinator
Phone: (386) 763-2650