Mark Your Calendars!
Port Orange Career Fair 2018
Wednesday, February 21, 2018 1:30 p.m. - 5 p.m.
The fair will be held in the Standard Process Student Center, Building 3.
Students: Take advantage of this opportunity to meet employers and alumni who want to talk to you about their specific employment opportunities. There is no registration fee or pre-registration required for students - just attend!
CAREER FAIR TIPS:
- Research Employers: Participating Employers
- Dress professionally: Employers will make decisions based on first impressions.
- Make a strong first impression: When meeting employers, introduce yourself, offer a firm handshake, make eye contact, state your purpose, ask questions, listen and act professionally. If you plan to request an interview, dress in business attire.
- Highlight your strengths: Be prepared to discuss your qualifications that are most related to the job. Include clear, concise examples to demonstrate your qualifications. Practice your verbal presentation (a 30-60 second “commercial” about you) so you can approach employers with confidence.
- Bring your resume: Bring enough resumes to give to organizations you are targeting. (& bring at least 10-20 copies) Carry them in a portfolio.
- Follow-up: Request a business card for your records. If you want a job interview, follow up with a thank-you note or e-mail within 24 hours and include your resume.
Davenport Career Fair 2018
Tuesday, September 18, 2018
Students: No registration required -- just attend!
Employers: Check back for registration links. Hope you can attend next year!