Palmer Chiropractic College now offers free online career-building tools!
You've heard it said so many times: Practice makes perfect. And making an excellent first impression is essential for a strong interview.
The Palmer Center for Business Development has partnered with InterviewStream™ to enable students and alumni to practice interviewing in the comfort of their own homes. InterviewSstream™ is an online video-based practice interviewing system. It is the latest addition to a family of firms that provides interview technology to hundreds of universities and their alumni, MBA programs, job boards and employers around the globe, including nine of the top 10 global MBA programs.
With InterviewStream™, all you need is a computer, a webcam, microphone ability and the Internet. and you can practice interview questions in the privacy of your own home.
InterviewStream™ allows you to either choose a set of standardized interview questions or to customize your interview by choosing from a list of 4,000 varied questions applicable for your level of experience.
A virtual interviewer will ask questions, and the webcam will immediately start recording. You will have several minutes to record your answer. When finished, you simply click on the mouse to stop recording, review and re-record as many times as you wish. When you are satisfied with your answer, click "Accept Reply" to move on to the next question.
When you complete your interview, it will be uploaded to the InterviewStream™ server, and an e-mail will be sent to you with a link to retrieve and review your video file. Interviews can be shared with faculty, family, friends, colleagues and mentors for feedback.
To get started:
- Click here to register for your InterviewStream™ account
- View the Tutorial on how to conduct your practice interview.
- InterviewStream™ allows you to choose interview questions to customize your mock interview. You can review and retry your response to any question before moving onto the next.
- Interviews are saved indefinitely, so you may review and track your progress.
- If you are not able to access InterviewStream™ through the Palmer CareerNetwork system, please contact the Palmer Center for Business Development at (563) 884-5521 for alternate access.
- Local students who do not have a web-cam may arrange an appointment to use the computer and web-cam located in the Palmer Center for Business Development by emailing email@example.com or calling (563) 884-5521. An appointment is necessary to ensure the equipment is available.
You may also view the InterviewStream™ Quick Start Guide.
Detailed List of Instructions for InterviewStream™
Step One: Complete an Interview
- Click here to log in to your account.
- Click “Conduct Interview.”
- Pick “Chiropractic Interview“or “Customize Your Own Interview.”
- Chiropractic Interview – Begin your interview.
- Customize Your Own Interview – Choose questions from appropriate folders and use the arrows to add or remove questions for your interview; once you are satisfied with questions, click begin. (Note: Six to eight questions will generally take approximately 26 1/2 minutes.)
- Select the camera and microphone devices you will be using and click “Test.” (Note: Make sure the settings are appropriate, because you cannot change them after your interview begins.)
- Click “Continue” to begin your Interview.
- Interviewer will ask a question.
- After a few seconds the web-cam will start recording automatically. You won't see yourself recording your answer. You will want to look into the camera so you will see yourself as the employer would see you.
- You will have 2 minutes to respond to each question.
- Click anywhere in the window to end recording.
- Click “Review”, “Retry”, or “Continue.” (Note: When you finish your interview, you will receive an e-mail confirmation message with directions for viewing your interview. You may want to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your e-mail “safe senders” list to prevent the message from being filtered as junk mail. You also may return to the Interview Stream™ home page to view your interview.)
Step Two: Review Your Interview
- Click “Watch Interview.”
- Click on each question to see that response.
- Record filler words using the "Umm, Like, I mean, You know" calculator.
Step Three: E-mail Interviews to Counselors, Professors, and Friends
- Go to “Watch Interview.”
- Click on “Request Feedback” link (directly above the "Umm, Like, I mean, You know" calculator).
- Enter e-mail address and additional comments.
- Click “Submit.” (Note: Once you e-mail your interview to someone, the Palmer Center for Business Development no longer has control of who reviews it.)
If you are not able to access the InterviewStream™ system, please contact the Palmer Center for Business Development at (563) 884-5521 for access.
*Local students who do not have a web-cam can arrange an appointment to use the computer and web-cam located in the Palmer Center for Business Development by emailing email@example.com or calling (563) 884-5521. An appointment is necessary to ensure the equipment is available.
PLEASE NOTE: You, or anyone one else you designate, can view your video on the Web. Since the video is converted to Flash, the computer needs Adobe Flash Player. Most computers have Flash Player loaded at purchase. If you don't have it, download it at: www.adobe.com/.;