The 4th Annual N8k Race will be held Saturday, May 4, at 10 a.m. in Davenport.
Due to flooding at Centennial Park, the Palmer N8K charity race start and route has been changed. The race will begin at East River Drive and Mound Street, in the parking lot of the Lindsay Park Yacht Club boating dock (near downtown East Village across from Lindsay Park) along the river trail. The race will continue east up the path, past the Isle of Capri, to the underpass of Highway 74 for the turn-around back towards the Mound St. parking lot for the finish.
All proceeds from the race will benefit Operation Palmer Promotes Play, a school project to renew a playground for underprivileged children in Davenport. This event is sponsored by the Palmer Student Council.
- $25 entry fee through May 3; $30 on race day
- 2-mile family fun run/walk, simultaneous start with N8k; $20 entry fee through May 3; $25 on race day
- Runners are chip-timed for accuracy
- Refreshments at post-race event
- Trophies given to top male and female finishers
You can find more information at Palmer N8k Race on Facebook, or contact Caitlin Painchaud. To register, go to www.GetMeRegistered.com.