When John G. Donovan, D.C., graduated from Palmer College in 1950, he followed
in the footsteps of his father,
Harry B. Donovan, D.C., who graduated
from Palmer in 1924. Today, 23 of his
relatives, spanning three generations,
have become chiropractors.
Dr. Donovan’s commitment to Palmer
includes the establishment of the Dr. H.B.
Donovan Memorial Scholarship, the dedication
of two rooms in his father’s name
in the new Palmer College of Chiropractic
Academic Health Center and his legacy
gift on Palmer’s Heritage Endowment
Wall, all on the Davenport Campus.
He also has demonstrated support for
the profession by belonging to numerous
national and international chiropractic
associations and through his appointment
to the National Institute of Chiropractic
Research’s board of directors. In 1972, he
was named National Chiropractor of the
Year by Parker Seminars.
His legacy to the College is further
exemplified by his establishment of
the Dr. John G. Donovan Research
Scholarship, his induction into the
Palmer Academy of Fellows and his
nine-year membership in the President’s
Club. In 2000 and 2002, he successfully
challenged 50 new members to join the
club, each matched by a $50,000 pledge
of his own. Now in his 57th year of
practice, Dr. Donovan has always pursued
a challenge to do more—for his
College and chiropractic.