Dr. J. Calvin Wenger
For J. Calvin Wenger, D.C., his start in chiropractic
began at home. His father, 1937 Palmer
graduate S.G. Wenger, D.C., maintained a practice
at the family’s house in which J. Calvin
was raised. J. Calvin would follow in his father’s
educational and career paths by earning his
own chiropractic degree at Palmer in 1953.
After Dr. Wenger married his wife, Shirley, a year
later, he began practicing chiropractic on Nov. 26,
1956. Last summer, on Aug. 30, he marked his
50th year at the practice his father—who passed
away in 1993—opened in Lancaster, Pa.
Today, Wenger Chiropractic Group is the second
oldest chiropractic clinic in Dr. Wenger’s county,
with five other Palmer chiropractors and two
dozen staff members.
While being committed to his patients, Dr.
Wenger also has provided care and comfort
to his community as an ordained minister. For 13
years he served as assistant pastor at the Lancaster
Church of the Brethren.
In the midst of his busy schedule, Dr. Wenger has
still managed to find time to give his support and
service to his alma mater which Palmer College
has acknowledged by naming him a Fellow of the
Palmer Academy of Chiropractic in 1986.
He also has been an active President’s Club
Member for 18 years and gave generously to
the College’s recent capital campaign. Efforts
such as these resulted in his name being listed
on the Heritage Endowment Wall on the
Davenport Campus. Once again he was
upholding a family tradition since his father
also earned the same distinction through his
generosity to Palmer.