After graduating from Palmer College
in 1945, William O. Bedford, D.C.,
opened a practice in Little Rock, Ark.
from where he served as president
of the Arkansas Chiropractic Association
for two terms.
Dr. Bedford showed great dedication to
his alma mater, first as president of
Palmer’s Arkansas Alumni Association
for four terms. He then became the southern
regional director of the Palmer College
of Chiropractic International Alumni
Association, of which he would eventually
serve as national vice president.
In recognition of his commitment to
Palmer, in 1979, Dr. Bedford was
made a member of the Palmer College
of Chiropractic Board of Trustees and
appointed as chair of the Chiropractic
Ad Hoc Committee on the national
level for grant funding for chiropractic
He honored both his profession and
his alma mater with charitable gifts as
well as time and service, including his
15 years in Palmer’s President’s Club.
These efforts led to his appointment
as a Fellow in the Palmer Academy of
Chiropractic, as well as a Fellowship
in the International Chiropractic
Dr. Bedford passed away in October
of 2008. Perhaps the most telling act
of Dr. Bedford’s philanthropic spirit
was the donation on his behalf from
his step-daughter, Faye Bolin, to continue
his President’s Club membership
after his death.