Referrals to the Early Alert Response System (EARS) assists
EARS in determining appropriate strategies to respond to the
The information provided is confidential and will only be shared
with those with a legitimate educational interest.
Appropriate documentation requires thorough,
detailed, factual and descriptive information.
Check all of your Concerns
Description of the Incident
Please describe a specific incident or incidents
involving the individual that relates to your concern.
Information that is specific and concrete should be
provided with as little editorializing as possible,
stressing only the individual’s concerning behavior.
- Nature of the incident
- Behavior observed. (Be as specific as possible
- Impact of the behavior
- Action taken, if any
- DO NOT INCLUDE
- Psychological jargon of any type.
- Diagnoses (e.g., “This person appears to be a “paranoid schizophrenic” or “This person is bipolar”.)
- Speculation (e.g., “I think this person’s on drugs”)
- Demeaning depictions (e.g., “She’s crazy” or “He’s not operating with a full deck”.
Other behaviors not listed above
This report submitted by
Note: Evidence to suggest false or misleading reports with intent to defame the character of another, may result in disciplinary actions