Why is this study important?
People with low back pain have less movement between tissues in the back. This study measures movement in those tissues during a course of chiropractic care. If you have low back pain and join this study, you can help us better understand how tissue movement influences low back pain. This can eventually lead to improved treatment. By joining, you may help yourself while helping others.
What is the purpose of this study?
- Use ultrasound to measure tissues in the back before and after chiropractic care
- Measure pain and function before and after chiropractic care for back pain
- Use ultrasound to measure changes in the back when muscles are tight or relaxed
What does the study entail?
- Visits at our center to receive chiropractic care for 8-weeks at no cost to you
- Periodic ultrasound recordings of your low back
- An initial visit to our center to discuss the study and receive an exam
- Answering questions about your health
Who are we?
The Palmer Research Clinic is part of the Palmer Center for Chiropractic Research. We have been part of the Quad-Cities for almost 25 years. We work with area residents who offer their time to help us answer important research questions. Our team is dedicated to advancing healthcare for patients by conducting high-quality research.