As the founder of chiropractic, there is no equal to the Palmer experience. Join us today and prepare for a career that will serve you for a lifetime.
Attending Palmer is much more affordable than you may think. We offer comprehensive financial planning services. Our staff is experienced at guiding you through the process, helping you to move your career forward.
Get started today with a Tuition Deposit Form for the D.C. Program.
General fees - all degree programs:
- Payment of delinquent tuition 12% (APR service fee on monthly unpaid balances)
- Checks returned from bank for insufficient funds $25
- Duplicate diploma $30
- Transcript fee $5 per transcript
- Other duplicate certificates $5
- Refund policy can be found in the student handbook.
Transcripts cover only courses taken at the Palmer College of Chiropractic campus.
Doctorate of Chiropractic Program
Your Financial Aid Officer can help you budget. You will need to include the cost of tuition, fees, books, equipment and living expenses.
Talk with your representative to discuss qualifying for financial aid. Students must remain in acceptable academic standing and meet the minimum cumulative GPA requirements to maintain aid eligibility. A wide variety of financial aid options are available including:
- grants, loans or work-study employment through the U.S. Department of Education
- grants and scholarships
2016/2017 Academic Year Tuition
Davenport, Iowa, Campus:
- 16-21 credit hours ─ $11,293 per trimester. Program is 10 trimesters long.
- Less than 16 hours ─ $706 per credit hour
- More than 21 credit hours ─ $706 per each additional credit hour
San Jose, Calif., Campus:
Port Orange, Fla., Campus:
- 16-21 credit hours ─ $8,554 per quarter. Program is 13 quarters long.
- Less than 16 hours ─ $535 per credit hour.
- More than 21 credit hours ─ $535 per each additional credit hour.
- Application fee (one- time) $100
- Tuition deposit $200
- Matriculation fee $150
- Activity fee (per term) $20
- Liability insurance (one-time charge at the start of the 5th term) $245
Clinical enrichment program fees:
- $213 per course (Davenport, Iowa, campus) or $141 per course (Port Orange, Fla., campus).
- Drop fee: $10 if dropped 22 days or more from first scheduled class date.
- Drop fee: $50 if dropped 21 days or less from first scheduled class date.
Books and Equipment
During each academic term, the student will be required to purchase textbooks that will be used throughout the academic program. In addition, each student will need to purchase equipment that will serve the student doctor in the clinical portion of the academic program. The cost of books and equipment varies depending on term in school and where the book/supply is purchased from.
Palmer does not provide check-cashing services for students. However, checks may be written for tuition, fees and bookstore purchases. A fee of $25 will be made for the first check returned by the bank for insufficient funds. If a second check is returned, you may be asked to make future payments with currency or certified funds.
Overdue books from the library are subject to a fine. Check with the library staff on your campus to determine the fine.
Fines will be posted to the student's account and a hold will be placed on registration/graduation until payment is made. Pay your outstanding fines at the Student Administrative Services Office.