This program is for students on the Main and Florida campuses.
The Intern Preceptorship Program is an optional, off-campus educational experience for students in their last trimester or quarter who attend our Main or Florida campuses. During the preceptorship, you’ll work with a licensed chiropractor who serves as your mentor.
- Learn office procedures and how to manage a staff.
- Observe, and at times perform, clinical and business management operations.
- Gain lifelong mentoring with a successful, prominent doctor of chiropractic.
- Experience usual and “specialized” treatment protocols such as pediatrics, geriatrics and sports.
- Prepare to become a practicing professional by gaining highly practical clinical experience.
Please note that the Intern Preceptorship Program is an educational program, not an employment program. Neither the preceptor field doctor nor the intern should view involvement in the program as an employment situation, and the preceptor should not be dependent upon the intern for office coverage.
What will you do?
- Build upon your academic and clinical experience.
- Gain patient care experience.
- Learn how to manage a private practice.
The location of your field training impacts what type of work you may do. An ideal experience would allow you to perform chiropractic adjustments, examinations and X-rays. State regulations may limit your responsibilities to those performed by a chiropractic assistant or observation only.
Interested in learning more about preceptorships? Please contact one of the individuals below.
Jennifer Steward, M.B.A.
Director of Clinical Co-Curricular Programs
Administrative Assistant /Clinic Capstone Programs
Palmer College of Chiropractic
1000 Brady Street
Davenport, IA 52803-5287
Palmer Chiropractic Clinic
4705 S. Clyde Morris Blvd.
Port Orange, FL 32129