Closeup photo of a chiropractic adjustment

Options to Fund Your Education

Palmer College of Chiropractic’s educational financing options consist of federal, institutional and private sources of funds that will help meet the diverse needs of our student population. Palmer recognizes the importance of choices in educational financing and hopes that the options provided will be useful in planning and managing educational expenses.


Grants are often called gift or “free” aid because they don’t have to be paid back. They may come from governments, colleges and private organizations.


Borrowing money from a bank, government or lending company is called taking out a loan. A loan must be paid back with an extra charge called interest. The Federal student loans are made by the government, with terms and conditions that are set by law, and include many benefits such as fixed interest rates and income-based repayment options not typically offered with private loans. In contrast, private loans are made by private organizations such banks, credit unions, and state-based or state-affiliated organizations, and have terms and conditions that are set by the lender. Private student loans are generally more expensive than federal student loans.


The Student Employment Program at Palmer includes the Federal Work-Study (FWS) program, a form of financial assistance that is partially funded by the U.S. federal government and the Institutional Work Grant, fully-funded by the institution. Both opportunities provide students a means of part-time employment to offset the cost of attendance.

These forms of aid can vary in amounts and can be awarded based on need and/or merit. Please contact the Office of Financial Planning for more information.