As a student, your training will be hands-on from the very beginning. Because you practice the physical aspects of the art of chiropractic in the first year of study, you also adjust earlier – giving you a competitive edge.
Palmer College provides a number of ways for you to get clinical experience with the help of supervising faculty.
- Ireland Student Clinic for students (entry to the clinic system)
- Campus outpatient clinics (general public)
- Community outreach clinics (underserved patients)
Get real-life training
Palmer also provides preceptorship and internship programs, as well as other specialized programs in sports, pediatrics and other fields to give you hands-on training:
- Intern Preceptor Program – for students in their last term, this intensive preceptorship program allows you to gain experience with a practicing doctor of chiropractic.
- Sports Council – train in off- and on-field settings with local athletes.
- DoD/VA Student Rotation Program – work alongside a practicing doctor of chiropractic in a Veterans Health Administration or military hospital setting.