Fountainhead of Chiropractic Schools
Most chiropractic schools trace their origins back to Palmer College of Chiropractic. Founded in 1897, Palmer College is known as The Trusted Leader in Chiropractic Education® because:
- Palmer is the first and largest chiropractic school, with an annual enrollment of nearly 2,200 students.
- Palmer is the only chiropractic school to offer three campuses from which to choose, with locations in Davenport, Iowa; Port Orange, Fla.; and San Jose, Calif.
- Palmer has one of the best student-loan repayment rates in the nation, a strong indication of financial health both for the College and its graduates.
- Palmer has the largest clinic system in chiropractic education, providing more than 174,000 patient visits annually.
- Palmer has the most published faculty in chiropractic education. Students study under faculty who are leading authors of chiropractic textbooks and research articles.
THE FOLLOWING LIST OF CHIROPRACTIC SCHOOLS ILLUSTRATES WHY PALMER COLLEGE IS THE FOUNTAINHEAD OF CHIROPRACTIC.
- Palmer College of Chiropractic: Founded in 1897 by the discoverer of chiropractic, D.D. Palmer.
- University of Western States: In 1904, John Marsh, D.C., and his wife Eva founded the school with support from D.D. Palmer.
- National University of Health Sciences: Founded in 1906 by Palmer College graduate John Fitz Allen Howard, D.C.
- Texas Chiropractic College: Founded in 1908 by John N. Stone, M.D., D.C.
- Southern California University of Health Sciences: Founded in 1911 by Charles Cale, D.C.
- New York Chiropractic College: Founded in 1919 by Frank Dean, D.C.
- Cleveland Chiropractic & Health Sciences: Founded in 1922 by Palmer College graduates C.S. Cleveland Sr., D.C.; Ruth R. Cleveland, D.C. and Perl B. Griffin, D.C.
- Logan University: Founded in 1935 by Dr. H.B. Logan.
- Northwestern Health Sciences University: Founded in June 1941 by Palmer College graduate John B. Wolfe, D.C.
- Sherman College of Chiropractic: Founded in 1973 by Palmer College graduate Thom Gelardi, D.C.
- Life University and Life Chiropractic College West: Founded in 1975 by Sid Williams, D.C., a graduate of Palmer College.
- Parker University: Founded in 1978 by Palmer College graduate James W. Parker, D.C.
- University of Bridgeport College of Chiropractic: Founded in 1990.
- D'Youville College of Chiropractic: Founded in 2003.