Palmer College of Chiropractic’s main campus in Davenport, Iowa Only
PREPARE FOR YOUR FUTURE AS A DOCTOR OF CHIROPRACTIC WITH PALMER’S BACHELOR OF SCIENCE COMPLETION.
Candidates must have applied to the Doctor of Chiropractic Program (DCP), have a cumulative grade point averages of 2.25 on a 4.0 scale, and have completed 45 college-level credit hours. Candidates who are not currently enrolled in the D.C. program and who have a minimum of 45 credit hours, may be selected if they have completed an application for the D.C. program at Palmer College of Chiropractic.
The Bachelor of Science completion program is located on our main campus in Davenport, Iowa.
The minimum program requirements are 120 total credit hours, a minimum of 30 of which are general education:
- 30 credit hours of basic science courses from the Palmer DCP.
- 90 credit hours of undergraduate courses (60 credit hours freshman/sophomore level and 30 credit hours junior/senior level) from an institution or institutions accredited at the college level by an accrediting body that is nationally recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education. No grade below “C” (2.0 on a 4.0 scale) will be accepted toward the Bachelor of Science in General Science Degree.
- Up to 15 credit hours may be granted from coursework in vocational/technical programs (transferable as freshman/sophomore level courses).
Students must complete the Bachelor of Science degree within one year of graduation from DCP.
MINIMUM DISTRIBUTION REQUIREMENTS BY SUBJECT & CREDIT HOUR
Life and Physical Sciences: 24 credit hours
*These courses require a lab experience.
Humanities: 6 credit hours
- Physical Education
Social Sciences: 9 credit hours
- Political Science
- Computer Science
Communication and Languages: 9 credit hours
- Classical language
- Foreign languages
- Speech Communication
Mathematics: 3 credit hours
- Math for statistics
- Applied math
Undergraduate courses that do not fall into the categories listed above will be classified at the discretion of the Program Oversight Committee.
Each of the following forms must be completed and fees paid to the Business Office of Palmer College.
- Application for Admissions
- Attach unofficial transcripts.
- Complete form prior to entering 4th trimester in the D.C. curriculum.
- Pay $100 graduation and records fee.
- Complete prior to entering 10th trimester in the D.C. curriculum.
All forms are available through the Department of Undergraduate Studies, 3rd Floor Campus Center Building, 1000 Brady Street, Davenport, IA 52803
Palmer College Contact Information
1000 Brady Street
Davenport, IA 52803
Additional information may be obtained from the program coordinator for the Department of Undergraduate Studies. Please contact Annette VenHorst at 563-884-5867 or firstname.lastname@example.org.