You may qualify to save up to a year’s worth of time and tuition.
Palmer College has several programs designed to help students accelerate their education: the D.C. Prep Fast-Track, Bachelor of Science completion program, 3+1 Program, 2+2 Program and dual enrollment agreements.
- Already have your undergraduate degree? If you have a B.S. degree in a health-care related discipline, you may already meet our admissions requirements. If not, the D.C. Prep Fast-Track, offered on the main campus, will provide you with up to 15 of the required 24 science credits. It’s a great way to dive into chiropractic while preparing for the D.C. curriculum.
- Early in your undergraduate studies? With as few as 45 credits you can transfer into Palmer’s Bachelor of Science Completion program on the main campus. It'll give you a solid start for a successful chiropractic career. Plus, the completed credits from your first year of the Doctor of Chiropractic Program will count toward your last year of the bachelor of science degree (approximately 30 credits), saving you one year of time and tuition. You can also take advantage of one of our 3+1 and 2+2 agreements listed below.
- Just graduating from high school? We’ve collaborated with Scott Community College in Davenport, Iowa, to develop a joint admissions program for the main campus. This affordable, high-quality program prepares you to enroll directly into Palmer’s Doctor of Chiropractic program. Utilizing this pathway allows you to earn a D.C. degree in as few as five and a half years!* You can also use this pathway to prepare for Palmer’s Bachelor of Science Completion program. Or you can take advantage of our 3+1 and 2+2 agreements listed below. Either way, you’ll save time and tuition!
*Important note: some states require a bachelor’s degree for licensing, so check with the Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards before choosing this pathway.
Wondering which path is right for you? The best way to evaluate your options is with the help of an admissions counselor. Request more information to get started.
AGREEMENT DESCRIPTIONS (CLICK TO EXPAND)
Through a 3+1 agreement, you complete three years at a participating undergraduate institution. Then, you complete the first year’s coursework at Palmer in the Doctor of Chiropractic program. Credits can then be transferred back to complete the undergraduate degree. This essentially allows you to complete your first year of our D.C. program while completing your undergraduate degree.
The 2+2 program enables you to transition smoothly from an undergraduate institution to the Bachelor of Science program at Palmer. You complete two years (60 credits) at a participating institution and then transfer into Palmer’s Bachelor of Science program (30 credits) and finish concurrently with the D.C. program.
Prepare for the Palmer Doctor of Chiropractic program with undergraduate courses designed to accelerate your career.
As the world's oldest and largest chiropractic college, we've used our experience to specially develop a convenient, cost-effective prerequisite program with community colleges near our Davenport, Iowa campus.
Main campus (Davenport, Iowa): Joint Admissions Program
Scott Community College offers courses online, at its Davenport and Bettendorf campuses. This community college has a history of academic excellence and receives the maximum accreditation from the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Science Courses
- Associate Degree Program
YOU WILL BENEFIT FROM:
- Coordinated admission and advisory services between colleges
- In-state tuition rates for all program students
- Flexible, eight-week mid-semester courses for late enrollees
- Housing assistance
- Financial planning
- Worldwide licensure information
- Library and information services from both colleges
- Free memberships to the Palmer Fitness Center
- Complimentary clinic care in our Academic Health Center
How to Apply
- Complete the Palmer Admission Application and pay the application fee.
- Complete the Palmer Application for Joint Admissions Program and submit to Palmer.
- Download the Scott Community College Application for Admission, complete and submit it to the community college.
Your Joint Admissions Representative
Scott Community College
500 Belmont Road
Bettendorf, IA 52722