Take Your Place in the Palmer History Books Forever
The walls of Palmer College carry the richest and longest history in the chiropractic profession. As alumni of Palmer College, you are an important piece of that history. The story of every Palmer graduate is woven within the fabric of the last 125 years of Palmer, and now it’s your time to share that story.
- What are your fondest memories of your time at Palmer?
- What instructor made the greatest impact on you as a student?
- Did you meet your husband/wife/best friend at Palmer?
- Where has your career in chiropractic taken you?
Your story is up to you. We’re excited to partner with Publishing Concepts Inc. (PCI) who will gather your stories as part of the Oral History Project, a project that celebrates the last 125 years of Palmer. Stories will be compiled in a hardcover memory book that will be made available for purchase following the completion of the project. No purchase is required for alumni to participate.
In the coming weeks, you will receive a postcard and email from PCI, on our behalf, with an invitation to participate in this important milestone project.
The Oral History Project officially launches June 6! To make sure you are included, you may call 877-583-7858 to update your information.
Additional numbers for this project:
FAQs by Alumni
I received an email/postcard/phone call asking for my personal information and a story about Palmer College of Chiropractic. Tell me more about the project.
We have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce an Oral History Publication for Palmer College of Chiropractic. PCI is a family-owned business based in Dallas, Texas that has published directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities, and military organizations across the nation for over 100 years. This project allows us to hear about your personal experiences from your time at Palmer College of Chiropractic and how the school helped shape your life since then. And, while we have you on the phone, we want to make sure your contact information is up to date.
Does Palmer College of Chiropractic benefit from this at all?
Yes, in a few different ways:
- Updated Information – allows us to effectively communicate with and engage alumni
- Legacy – sharing and collecting stories preserves the history of our school
- Pride–wearing apparel shows support and love for our school
How do I know my information will only be used for Oral History Project purposes?
PCI is committed to protecting your information. The names, addresses and information provided to PCI for the publication of the Oral History Project will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Oral History Project and except as required by court order or law. Upon completion of the project, PCI will redact PII (Personal Identifiable Information) from any and all electronic files that we have supplied or were produced by PCI in connection with the production of the Oral History Project.
I would like to verify or update my information and share a story. How may I do this?
- If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a dedicated representative for the Oral History Project. The representative will verify all the information we have on file for you, make any updates where needed, and then ask you to share your story about your time at Palmer College of Chiropractic. Your story will be recorded and the sound clip provided to Palmer College of Chiropractic at the conclusion of the project.
- If you have received an email with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information and submit a story.
Can I choose what information prints in the publication?
The only information that is included in the publication is your name, class year and degree, along with your story and photo. No contact information is printed. When you call to update your contact information, it will only be used to update your alumni record for the school/alumni association. You may revoke consent for your story and/or photo to appear any time before December 2, 2022 by contacting PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 or email@example.com.
I updated my information but need some more time to think about what experience to share.
You can call back at any time before December 2, 2022 to share your story.
I shared a story and the representative said I could send some photos. How do I do this?
You will receive an email with a link to upload up to two photos (black and white or color) plus captions.
If you have also purchased a book but do not have an email address on file, you will be sent a photo mailer to send physical photos in to be printed (note: photos will be returned if you include a self-addressed, stamped envelope).
Can anyone purchase a book?
The Palmer College of Chiropractic Oral History Publication is available for sale only to Palmer College of Chiropractic alumni.
I ordered a book / package over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How do I do this?
Contact PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 and they will take care of this for you.