Military Care Program
Since 2008, more than $3 million of complimentary care has been provided to qualified active duty personnel, veterans and their legal dependents through Palmer College of Chiropractic’s Military Care Program. No other program of its kind exists in the nation.
In support of our military, the Palmer Chiropractic Clinics offer complimentary care for patients in the following categories:
- Active-duty status military personnel and their legal dependents without other chiropractic benefits (this includes active-duty status with the National Guard and Reserves).
- Veterans classified with a 20% or greater service-related disability rating by the Veteran’s Administration and their legal dependents without other chiropractic benefits. (Proof of disability rating required at first appointment, updated annually.)
Please note the following exclusions to complimentary care:
- If you receive any other entitlement programs such as Medicare or Medicaid, you may not qualify for complimentary care.
- If you are covered by another insurance plan under which you receive chiropractic care benefits (example, a spouse’s plan), you may not qualify for complimentary care.
Complimentary care includes:
- Chiropractic clinical care
- Comprehensive physical examination
- Chiropractic rehabilitative services
- X-rays, if warranted
CONTACT OUR CLINIC TODAY TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT.
Yellow Ribbon Program
U.S. veterans can enroll at any of our three campuses (in California, Iowa and Florida), and receive up to 100 percent of out-of-pocket tuition and fees covered for one full year. If you are interested in utilizing Palmer's Yellow Ribbon Program, contact our Admissions office, or visit our Yellow Ribbon webpage to learn more.
Military Research Collaborations with DoD, NIH
The Palmer Center for Chiropractic Research has partnered with the Department of Defense and the National Institutes of Health to assess chiropractic treatment for low-back pain and smoking cessation in active duty personnel. Collaborative care for veterans with spine pain and mental health conditions to provide non-drug options also is currently being studied.
Palmer College is dedicated to serving those who serve our nation by:
- Continuing our commitment to on-going research demonstrating chiropractic’s clinical effectiveness for the musculoskeletal needs of today's military
- Contributing expertise and resources to improve access to chiropractic care for every active duty soldier, veteran and dependent who seeks it
- Advocating for inclusion to line-of-duty status within the military health-care framework
- Encouraging the integration of doctors of chiropractic at all VA health-care facilities and military bases worldwide
*Chiropractic benefits must not already be available through personal, employer-provided, or state or federal entitlement health insurance to be able to receive complimentary chiropractic services at the Palmer Chiropractic Clinics.