What to expect on your first visit
During your first visit, you will receive a thorough assessment of your nerves, muscles, bones and joints. That assessment will inform everything we do to relieve your pain and get you moving toward wellness.
A chiropractic visit is similar to other healthcare appointments. After you complete the necessary paperwork, your chiropractor will discuss your symptoms with you and perform a thorough examination, which may include:
- Case history
- Physical examination (vital sign checks, visual exam, listen to heart, abdomen and lungs)
- Chiropractic examination (range of motion or flexibility tests, muscle tone and strength tests, reflexes, sports and functionality assessment)
- Diagnostic tests
- laboratory analyses
Once your chiropractor has carefully examined you and assessed all the information you've provided, she/he will discuss a treatment plan and administer your first adjustment. You will spend about two hours with us during your initial visit.
You may also be provided with information and activities that will help you feel better faster, such as
- Strengthening and/or stretching exercises
- Possible posture improvements and/or correction
- Food and nutrition recommendations
- Lifestyle suggestions
We want you to feel your best so you can live life to the fullest. Contact us to discuss how chiropractic can help you.