The Palmer Center for Chiropractic Research is dedicated to conducting innovative, significant, high-quality research. We also are dedicated to training students who are interested in the advancement of public health through research.
We train students in two ways: through a two-year, 36-credit-hour
master's degree in clinical research
on Palmer's Davenport Campus, and through our Research Honors Program for Doctor of Chiropractic students on all of Palmer's campuses.
Research Honors Program
The Research Honors Program gives students the opportunity to experience research and enhance their educational experience while in the Doctor of Chiropractic (D.C.) program. It allows them to design and complete a faculty-mentored research project.
If interested, contact the Research Honors Program Coordinator for program information and guidance.
Research Honors Program Goals
- Encourage students who desire an expanded educational experience to participate in research.
- Foster an appreciation for research.
- Provide mentorship to students in research methodologies.
- Expose students to the possibility of a research career.
- Inform interested students of research training opportunities.
- Encourage and recognize meritorious research scholarship.
Research Honors Step-by-Step Process
- Contact the Research Honors Program Coordinator to discuss your interest.
- Choose a faculty mentor who shares a research interest with you.
- Develop research honors project ideas with faculty mentor.
- Submit completed research honors application along with accompanying materials to the Research Honors Program Coordinator.
- If project is approved by the Research Honors Committee and Dr. Goertz, you may get to work.
- Once the project is completed, submit the research honors submission form and deliverable along with accompanying materials to the Research Honors Program Coordinator.
- If the Research Honors Committee recommends you for Research Honors and Dr. Goertz accepts, you'll be awarded those honors at your graduation ceremony.
Tip: Use this project assessment criteria document to see what, exactly, the Research Honors Committee looks for when approving your project application and submission form.
Palmer Center for Chiropractic Research
Student Research Program