THE R. RICHARD BITTNER ATHLETIC & RECREATION CENTER
The Bittner Center is a 46,000-square-foot, leading-edge fitness facility that offers:
- A skywalk that provides indoor access throughout the year
- New athletic equipment throughout the facility including free weights, resistance machines and functional fitness equipment
- High-tech cardio equipment equipped with Internet, Dish TV and Preva, a program that allows users to track and log their workouts
- State-of-the-art group fitness areas, including a digital fitness room where users can choose from a wide variety of on-demand fitness programming
- A fully-equipped outdoor fitness area
- A three-lane indoor track
- Two athletic courts equipped for basketball, volleyball, pickleball and more
- A varied schedule of fitness classes, intramural competitions and club sporting events
Enjoy more great photos by viewing our Bittner Center photo gallery.
The Bittner Center is open to all Palmer students, faculty, staff, their spouses and their children between the age of 16 and 26. Children under 16 aren’t permitted in the facility. Retired faculty and their spouses also are welcome to use the Bittner Center.
All users will be required to scan their Palmer ID badge at the main desk, located on the Bittner Center lower level. To obtain a Palmer ID badge, spouses, children and retired faculty members must fill out a request form and have a photo taken. Forms are available at the Bittner Center main desk. Upon approval, a badge will be issued. Bittner Center users aren’t permitted to park in the Visitor Parking Lot, but may use other lots on campus to which they have access. Questions? Contact Ron O’Brien at 563-884-5856 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Weekdays 5 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Saturdays 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sundays 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Break Hours -
EASTER BREAK HOURS
FRIDAY 6 a.m. – 8 p.m.
SATURDAY and SUNDAY9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
MONDAY 6 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Due to ongoing COVID-19 concerns, some restrictions apply.
- Occupancy is limited to 75 patrons at a time.
- Each patron will be limited to 1.50 hours when the facility is at capacity.
- Everyone is required to use hand sanitizer before entering the gym. No exceptions.
- Patrons should bring their own water – water dispensers for bottle refill will be open, but water fountains are closed.
- Social-distancing rules will be strictly enforced.
- No more than 10 people at a time will be allowed to wait in the lobby.
- For availability, call 563-884-5419 or check the real-time video feed.
- Upon entering the facility, read posted signs for further instructions.
PORT ORANGE FAMILY YMCA
The Florida campus community may utilize the nearby YMCA fitness center.
For information on recreation clubs, visit our Clubs & Organizations page.
Questions? Contact Jason Brewer at email@example.com or 386-763-2781.
ON-CAMPUS FITNESS CENTER
The West campus fitness center is available to Palmer students and their immediate families.
For information on extramural sports clubs, visit our Clubs & Organizations page.
Questions? Contact Michael Crump at firstname.lastname@example.org or 408-944-6122.