Get On-the-Job Training
Because active people want to maximize performance while minimizing injury, many look for the unique skill set of the sports chiropractor to help them achieve this goal.
Students work with athletic-event organizers to minimize injuries through pre- and post-event treatment.
Sports Council chapters are active on all three Palmer campuses.
What you'll do
By providing information on the latest research and technology in the field of sports chiropractic, the Sports Council chapters at each Palmer campus are committed to preparing members to serve the athlete in strength training, peak performance, rehabilitation and nutrition.
As a Sports Council member you'll:
- Learn how to evaluate sport-specific injuries and treatment protocols.
- Learn how to respond to common athletic emergency situations.
- Provide chiropractic adjustments.
- Perform stretching, soft-tissue therapy and taping.
- Train in on- and off-field settings.
Here's a list of events Sports Council members commonly participate in on each of our three campuses.
- Quad-City Times Bix 7 Road Race
- Quad Cities Distance Classic
- Quad Cities Triathlon
- Bix at 6 (four weekly training runs leading up to Bix 7 Road Race)
- Run with Carl
- Quad Cities Marathon
Adviser: Michael Tunning, D.C., A.T.C, M.S.
- United States Tennis Association (tournaments and other USTA-sanctioned events at the USTA facilities in Daytona Beach, Fla.)
- Glenn Wilkes Classic (NCAA Division 1 Basketball Tournament)
- Palmer Chiropractic Clinics Healthy Heart Run
- Palmer Paints the Towne 5K
- Chiro Games
- Stingray 5K, New Smyrna Beach, Fla.
- Fishstock 5K, New Smyrna Beach, Fla.
- Bike MS 150 Cycle to the Shore—Daytona Beach to St. Augustine
- Iron Man Triathlon, Daytona Beach
Advisers: Tom Young, D.C., C.C.S.P., Heather Bowyer, D.C., C.C.S.P.
- Sea Otter Classic cycling festival
- Silicon Valley Turkey Trot
- CBVA Beach Volleyball
- Dew tour
- North Face Endurance Challenge
- San Jose State rugby
- Surfers Path Marathon
- Race to the End of Summer – San Jose
- Silicon Valley Double Adventure Run
- Willow Glen 5K
Adviser: Edward Feinberg, D.C., DACBSP