Get On-the-Job Training
Because active people want to maximize performance while minimizing injury, many look for the unique skill set of the sports chiropractor to help them achieve this goal.
Students work with athletic-event organizers to minimize injuries through pre- and post-event treatment.
Sports Council chapters are active on all three Palmer campuses.
Sports Council - Palmer Segments
What you'll do
By providing information on the latest research and technology in the field of sports chiropractic, the Sports Council chapters at each Palmer campus are committed to preparing members to serve the athlete in strength training, peak performance, rehabilitation and nutrition.
As a Sports Council member you'll:
- Learn how to evaluate sport-specific injuries and treatment protocols.
- Learn how to respond to common athletic emergency situations.
- Provide chiropractic adjustments.
- Perform stretching, soft-tissue therapy and taping.
- Train in on- and off-field settings.
Here's a list of events Sports Council members commonly participate in on each of our three campuses.
- Quad-City Times Bix 7 Road Race
- Quad Cities Distance Classic
- Quad Cities Triathlon
- Bix at 6 (four weekly training runs leading up to Bix 7 Road Race)
- Run with Carl
- Quad Cities Marathon
Adviser: Ranier Pavlicek, D.C., ATC, DACRB
- The Bacon Beatdown CrossFit Competition
- The Vanguard CrossFit Competition
- Elevate Events – Running Events, Relay Races and Mountain Bike Competitions
- Elite Muay Thai Competitions
- Central Legends Marathon, Half Marathon and 5K
- Red Pointer Production owned running events
- Flag Football Competitions
Advisers: Heather Bowyer, D.C., CCSP
- Sea Otter Classic cycling festival
- Silicon Valley Turkey Trot
- CBVA Beach Volleyball
- Dew tour
- North Face Endurance Challenge
- San Jose State rugby
- Surfers Path Marathon
- Race to the End of Summer – San Jose
- Silicon Valley Double Adventure Run
- Willow Glen 5K
Adviser: Elizabeth Moos, D.C., MS