The David D. Palmer Health Sciences Library offers services for students, faculty, staff, alumni, and visitors.
Palmer College is home to the largest chiropractic collection in the world including books, journals, audiovisual materials, databases, models, chiropractic tools and more.
- Reserves: Required textbooks, models, chiropractic tools and chargers for laptops and phones are available at the Circulation Desk for Palmer students, faculty and staff. Loan periods vary between three hours and one day.
- NBCE Reference Texts: A collection of study guides and an up-to-date collection of National Board of Chiropractic Examiners reference texts are available for checkout.
- Databases: Dozens of databases containing articles, information and images are available from the library website. Students, faculty and staff can access nearly all of the Library resources with no additional passwords needed on-campus. For off-campus access, students, faculty and staff must use their Palmer email address and portal password to access subscription resources through Palmer’s proxy server.
- Interlibrary loan: Palmer students, faculty and staff can request books or journal articles not owned by the David D. Palmer Health Sciences Library through interlibrary loan. Requests may take from a few days up to several weeks to be filled. The loan period is set by the lending library. Renewals will depend on the policy of the lending library. Ask your campus librarian for assistance.
- Reference services: For assistance locating materials or using resources, schedule an appointment with your campus librarian or use the chat service.
If you need a book or journal article we do not own, you can obtain it through an interlibrary loan. Please send your citation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Library has individual and group study rooms, a quiet study area, versatile seating, whiteboards and computers. Printers are available for students, faculty and staff.
Library staff have created subject and course guides on a wide variety of chiropractic topics.
Alumni and visitors may use library resources in-house after checking in at the Welcome Center.